I am so honored that Laura’s Journey of Hope was nominated for the Liebster Award by three amazing bloggers: Audacious-Aging.NYC, BeautyThatWalks.blogspot.com and ABusyBeesLife.com. Thank you all so very much.
The Liebster award is a recognition from fellow bloggers for blogs that are fairly new (less than two years) and has less than 1000 followers.
Rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
My Q&A from Audacious-Aging.NYC., BeautyThatWalks.blogspot.com and ABusyBeesLife.com.
- What is your favorite item of clothing? I would have to say a beautiful scarf is my favorite item of clothing. Adding a scarf is a great way to dress up an outfit or tie in all of the pieces.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging to share my journey through breast cancer and encourage women everywhere. Now my story is published on Amazon: Keeping It Real.
- What is your favorite season? My favorite season is 100% Spring! I love Spring because it represents new growth, new life and rejuvenation.
- How do you spend your free time? I spend my free time raking care of my three grandchildren and when I get a chance, I ego to the beach. The beach is my escape. I love to watch the sun rie and set any time that I am near the water.
5. Which social media is your top preference and why? Facebook is my social media preference because there is more interaction with people in the Facebook communities.
6. What is the biggest mistake you have made while blogging? WOW! I think the biggest mistake I made was jumping into blogging at 10 PM one night without doing proper research. Then again, it was the best mistake I ever made because at least I started.
7. What are some of the best accessories to own while running a blog? My iPhone is one of my most valuable tools. I wouldn’t have it another way. My laptop is a lifesaver. My speech to text App is another lifesaver because I can immediately speak ideas into the app and send it to my email. And yes, that APP is on my iPhone.
8. What gives you joy? My family gives me joy. I am blessed to be able to spend time with my husband, mom, sister, daughters and grandchildren.
9. What is your favorite color? My favorite color is yellow with a splash of pink.
10. What movie could you watch over and over? I watch Hope Floats over and over. It’s my go to movie. I love this quote from Hope Floats:
Beginnings are scary.
Endings are usually sad,
but it’s what’s in the middle that counts.
So, when you find yourself,
at the beginning,
just give hope a chance to float up.
And it will.
~Steven Rogers, Hope Floats
11. What topic are you passionate about? I am passionate about HOPE. After my diagnosis of breast cancer, I felt hopeless. Yes, I knew God was with me but I worked through those feelings of hopelessness and surrounded myself with HOPE. It included praise and worship music, Bible verses, and positive quotes posted all over my house and immersing my work area in Bible verses, positive quotes and Hopefulness.
These Are My Nominees:
Aubri and Amber blog at thediylighthouse.com
Jaime blogs at kaikaibrai.com
Charlene blogs at thefrugalfashionistacdn.com
Memory blogs at iwantthatwholelook.com
Tess blogs at ageanblog.com
Questions For My Nominees:
- What gives you inspiration?
- What three words best describe you?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is the best gift you have ever received?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What is your dream career and why?
- What is your hobby?
- What is your favorite post on your blog and why?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- How do you promote your blog?
- Why do you blog?
Congratulations to all of you for being nominated for the Liebster Award. I look forward to reading your posts and answers to the questions. Please make sure you take a look at all of these amazing blogs and encourage these nominees. Also, lets share each others blogs and make 2016 the best year ever.